Fire resistant board. Masterboard??

I need a small piece (450 x 300mm approx) of Masterboard or similar material to close off the hole in the ceiling and to fit around the flue (125mm)from the new Atmos boiler. I don't want to buy an 8x4 sheet, I live in North Shropshire, anyone know of a source localy ??

Cheers

Don

Reply to
Donwill

iv got some near leomisnter

[g]

D> I need a small piece (450 x 300mm approx) of Masterboard or similar

Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

Donwill"

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Are you sure you need it? Most boiler flues these days only get warm to the touch.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Regs haven't caught up though -- still need 2" clearance from anything combustable. Seemed daft making sure my muPVC flue was 2" away from the joists, but there you go.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for responding, I've got a piece now, I hadn't realised that they also used it for soffits so got a strip 300 x 2400mm at 8 pounds instead of an 8 x 4 sheet for 30 odd pounds.

Cheers

Don

Reply to
Donwill