Fio all those who love Dixons as much as I do..;-)

Oe pushing a dafy idea way past to far they're part of a collection "Midas World"

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Well, it has only very recently changed and some companies might still be hoping for the decision to be reversed. However, it gives the stores a very easy way of charging extra for credit cards (like Ikea) if they decide.

Reply to
bob_builder

And stopping the charge as soon as VAT is payable on it makes it look more like it was purely a tax avoidance scheme, and possibly less likely to be reversed.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

I don't like their stores or their approach to business.

Reply to
Andy Hall

:::Jerry:::: muttered:

As opposed to boring everyone with the bleeding obvious. You must be a sales technician in a deserted white goods showroom and not my bank manager after all. Don't let the isolation get to you.

Reply to
Magwitch

I'm not even sure that correct punctuation and spelling would make the above intelligible.

Reply to
Nick Wagg

You're thinking of Currys=Dixons.

Reply to
CWatters

There's probably some deal stitched up with the suppliers that relates the amount they get to the sales revenue.

It does affect my business accounting slightly: new laptop in June £800: cost in this year £20 card processing fee + depreciation 1/3 of net price £221.28, total £241.28. If it were a straight £800 inc VAT this year it would cost me £226.95. So my profits are down by £14.33 and I pay £3.22 less Corporation Tax. Sounds trivial but take 0.4% of PC World's sales to businesses and you've got a big number.

Reply to
Tony Bryer