fink trusses - how big a problem to conversion?

I'd be grateful for any thoughts and/or advice on this problem.
I want to convert a private cinema measuring about 35 x 25 feet into habitable space.
Among other modifications, I want to put in an extra floor. The upper floor, to be a reasonable height, will need to extend into the roof space. Ideally, I'd like to steal at least two feet.
The problem is that the roof space is full of our old friend the fink truss. I know that they make attic conversions hard and expensive to do, but does someone out there have a trick or two up his or her sleeve that would allow me to walk tall when I'm upstairs?
Thanks!
Phil

What shape is the roof ?
http://www.truss-tech.co.uk/faqs.htm

Just an ordinary pitched roof - no hips or anything fancy.

Which way does it run? Is the ridge 25 or 35 feet long? Does it have end gables? When converted, will it have any full height internal walls which could support purlins?
My thinking is that you may be able to rebuild the roof completely, using purlins and rafters rather than trusses. The purlins would be set into the gable ends, but would also need some sort of intermediate support.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Then you could turn the fink shape into a scissor or raised tie shape if you do one set of rafters at a time. The only thing about trying to gain extra height inside a sloping roof is, the higher you go up, the closer the rafters go together, so you always end up with a bit of slanting ceiling in the rooms.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't mind having some slanting ceiling in the room. It'll be a desirable design feature!
I'm going to get a structural engineer in and discuss these ideas with him.
Thanks again.
Phil