Finish for thin plywood.

Good evening folks. I've been tasked by my daughter with making/fitting two window boards. Each

56" x 16". The only option is to use thin oak faced plywood. This will be well supported to front and rear with, I hope, adequate support in between. The ply is 5mm and of good quality. My intention is to very lightly hand sand this and apply three or more coats of Sadolin. Do I remember correctly that thin ply should be treated on both faces, or am I thinking of something else? Or am I losing the plot?

Also, Sadolin has been my preferred finish for years. Has technology now overtaken this? Thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

technology has undertaken it: creosote

NT

Reply to
NT

if these are outside then you need to make sure Ply is at least WBP rated.

As for Sadolin ... I always use Sikkens find it better product ... and when they were both owned by Akzo Noble ... Sadolin was the DIY product Sikkens was the professions ... I know the range has been sold off now.

Reply to
Rick Hughes