Finding my way around Windows 7 Ultimate

Just had a quick look see using Google:

more specifically, a poster commented:

"Its an unfortunate reality, especially for the magical jellybean. i called Trend Micro on this subject, probably, 6 months ago. i was not a happy camper that this nice little gem kept getting nix'd by the AV server. Trends explanation to me was, Though the developers of magical jellybean key finder develop and release a safe and clean product, the product is freeware, it openly distributed from countless freeware sites and download servers. often times legit, trusted software is infected with malware by 3rd party download sites, most of whom claim to be 100% virus and spyware free.

Trend continued, saying, the number of infected jellybeans in circulation is 5 to 1 over non-toxic jellybeans. and so, the jellybean gets the axe..."

I was using Kaspersky on both of my machines. I also recall one of the malware peices being a RAS. Thats a remote access service.

Reply to
Stephen

I agree about this - I never download via a third party site unless I am really sure. It is possible to download Jelly Bean direct, which I did. I use Hitman Pro to be sure nothing is lurking.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Right, d/l and ran the portable version of WSCC - as I use some of these utilities, having them all in one place is useful. Let it go for the lot - faced with 280 utilities...! Avast stopped 13 items, 24 utilities in total, but I suspect that there wasn't any malware as such, just Avast not liking key finders and the like.

I'll go to the individual sites and get the ones I want and delete the ones I won't use.

Reply to
PeterC

Yeah, sorry, should have mentioned that, "just Avast not liking key finders and the like" - like password revealers. I've whitelisted the two download sites. Some quite interesting utilities in there tho! ;)

Reply to
Davidm

Yes - I'm not sure that I'll ever use some of them but, like a lot of stuff, it'll come in handy one day...

Reply to
PeterC