Finding a square section o ring

Evening all, I have a mixer tap which leaks at the junction between tap body and swing arm. I took the arm off and found an o ring which needs replacing. It is square in section, ~18 mm internal diameter, 22mm external, 3mm deep. Plumb centres to DIY stores etc all draw blanks. Where does everyone get their o rings from?

Thanks

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Telfer

I'll wager it's a round one, squeezed into a square groove

RT

Reply to
[news]

It may be. Itsd also possible to get square section rubber and cut and glue it into a ring with e.g. Cyanoacrylate.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for the link. I'm fairly sure it started life with a squared section. It's flat on both internal and external edges + when I showed it to the plumb centre people they remarked on it being square section.

Reply to
Jonathan Telfer

accepted.

in the best traditions of usenet I missed the 'square section' bit.

RT

Reply to
[news]

Or as we do at work, sheet material and gasket punches....

Reply to
Badger

I'll bet it started out life as a round one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)