finally cheaper petrol.....

hey check this out guys. I joined this organisation which give you petrol discount cards.

They buy in bulk for a discount and charge you =A325 a year for 5 pence off every litre.Been using them for two months now so far so good. manni

Reply to
manni

So you need to spend nigh on 500 quid to break even, meanwhile lending them money?

I just use:

is free. You need to register an email address, but I've seen no spam traceable to them (I used a dedicated email address)

Reply to
Bob Eager

quite a lot of petrol i suppose =A3250 a month

Reply to
manni

Well my fuel bill is about =A32,700/year... 20,000 miles, 30mpg, 90p/l.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Nearly all of my mileage is private. Drive to work is a leisurely 6 miles through woodland (cycle and public transport not an option) so I don't use a lot on weekdays...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Followed up to add uk.d-i-y, where he posted as well.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Easily done, I spend £300+ per month on fuel and if I could use the card anywhere it would work out well for me.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Bob Eager ( snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

As well as about half the groups on Usenet...

He's offered free cards as a trial to some of the sceptics on one of the uk.rec.cars.* groups - let's see if they come through and if they're genuine...

Reply to
Adrian

They buy in bulk for a discount and charge you £25 a year for 5 pence off every litre.Been using them for two months now so far so good. manni

This is what SCAMmell tried to do with his Pipeline card but failed miserably when none of the companies would talk to him or negotiate. He's still insisting that the pipeline card will be issued, but it's just one excuse after another, month after month. At least he can make a bit from the details he was harvesting.

Reply to
Andrew

The details I gave him were throwaway (pipeline@....); I suspect quite a few people did that.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message at 22:00:29 on Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Adrian wrote

Yes I laughed when I googled his email and saw them, and ran out of the number of free posts (10) he could send with his throwaway account

Reply to
Mike