Filling the gaps around a fire place

Making progress with the opened up fire place, but what do I seal around the edge with? This is the gap (about an inch) between the back of the plaster board, and the bricks/granite blocks behind.

a) Plaster?

b) Heat resistant plaster?

c) Heatproof screed?

d) Cement/mortar?

e) Something else?

Thanks!

Reply to
News

Plaster or mortar no probs. IME with a solid fuel stove, both render and plaster can stand the heat. I whitewashed the inside area though as I reckoned that emulsion would not survive.

Reply to
Tim Watts