Filling sealed heating system. Do I need a flexi pipe?

Plumbing in the boiler the instructions I have are for a temporary hose connected to the mains water supply to fill / top up the system. My water isn't supplied from a water authority, it's mine, pumped from a spring. Can I just connect a supply straight into the heating return with a stop cock to control the flow? My only real concern ( I think ) is the heat of the return. Is a regular stop cock suitable?

I certainly wouldn't do it without a double check valve in place plus you can get filling loops, with DCV, two taps & flexi for just over a fiver so using the official thing doesn't really hurt that much. Worth a fiver just to avoid the tutting from the technician when you have it serviced/repaired ;-)
--
fred

fred wrote:

Very true. Also the rason you connect it to the mains is to use the pressure of that to fill your system. Does your pumped spring water provide say 2 bar of pressure (20m of head) at the point you want to fill the system?
BillR wrote:

It provides up to 10 bar. Depends what I set the pump and pressure vessel to!
Thanks for the advice anyway. The flexi loop things are only a tenner in B&Q now it looks like BES are charging postage on under 40 quid orders.