Filling sealed heating system. Do I need a flexi pipe?

Plumbing in the boiler the instructions I have are for a temporary hose connected to the mains water supply to fill / top up the system. My water isn't supplied from a water authority, it's mine, pumped from a spring. Can I just connect a supply straight into the heating return with a stop c*ck to control the flow? My only real concern ( I think ) is the heat of the return. Is a regular stop c*ck suitable?

Reply to
Rob

In article , Rob writes

I certainly wouldn't do it without a double check valve in place plus you can get filling loops, with DCV, two taps & flexi for just over a fiver so using the official thing doesn't really hurt that much. Worth a fiver just to avoid the tutting from the technician when you have it serviced/repaired ;-)

Reply to
fred

Very true. Also the rason you connect it to the mains is to use the pressure of that to fill your system. Does your pumped spring water provide say 2 bar of pressure (20m of head) at the point you want to fill the system?

Reply to
BillR

It provides up to 10 bar. Depends what I set the pump and pressure vessel to!

Thanks for the advice anyway. The flexi loop things are only a tenner in B&Q now it looks like BES are charging postage on under 40 quid orders.

Reply to
Rob