Filling gaps in reveals after fitting new sash box.

About a year ago I installed new sash boxes and attempted to fill the resultant gaps between the box and the brickwork with ordinary mortar mix. This has not stood the test of time and has cracked between the brickwork and the mortar with some of the mortar having completely fallen out. Is there some trick with PVA that should be used to make sure that the mnortar stays in place?

TIA, Maris

Reply to
Maris

Trowelling mastic is the stuff we use - available from builders' merchants round here. Stays slightly flexible and sticky, and can be overpainted.

auctions

I've used polystyrene. Office bought a large printer that came with a lot of blocks of the stuff and I cut into small blocks and fixed it in place with gap filler. Cheap and recycling.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2