Filling (big) holes in wood/Wood repair

Had to rotate a couple of doors, and am now left with the holes (around

1.5cm in diameter) where the handles were. I also replaced/added some beadings, as most were removed years ago before the doors were covered in hardboard. There is also some damage that was caused when the beadings were removed that I wish to repair as best possible.

I am looking for a filler to repair all these. Needs to be able to sand it, and then paint over once dry.

I came across this

which seem promising, but am not sure is can be sanded and painted.

Has anybody had any experience with it? Any other suggestions?

TIA.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Davids P38 car body filler.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

================== Use a piece of 15mm dowelling to fill the holes. Glue it in position and leave enough room to add a little cosmetic filler. Polyfilla will do but plastic wood would be better.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

You can use car body filler. A big tub from a car spares shop is good value. You could economise by pushing a cut-off piece of cork (from a bottle) in, and filling on that. The filler (I should think that the stuff you mention would do the same) won't move with the wood, so it might show up if the door timber shrinks a tiny fraction - however, it's quite a good, and a very easy solution. It sands easily, and is overpaintable.

Reply to
Chris Bacon