Filling a hole

Now my nasty brick fireplace has been removed I'm left with this

What's the best way to fill this in do you think ? Cinder block ?

Many thanks

Sean

Reply to
DrLargePants

Whatever you decide on, don't forget some ventilation.

I'd go for whatever the rest of the wall is built from.

Reply to
John Williamson

what's in the pipe?

how do you want it all to look?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

I'd be inclined to put in a wood frame and plasterboard. Just in case you or others want to open it up again. And has been said don't forget some ventilation if the chimney still exists.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

/... And has been said don't forget some ventilation if the chimney still exists./q

ITYM "if the flue still exists" which it appears to from the photo.

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Andy Burns scribbled...

& fingers crossed the rust doesn't come though the plaster.
Reply to
Jabba

Thats the easy option, dont need to deal with the protruding steelwork.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

There is no chimney, just a blocked up flue that exits at a right angle to the floor. I'm pretty sure the wall is cinder block

Reply to
DrLargePants

Mortar and assorted s**te by the look of it.

Wall is getting skimed, so whatever's best for the plasterer really

Reply to
DrLargePants

Ahh, that's a good point actually, didn't think of that.

Reply to
DrLargePants