Figure 8 mains input plug

I want to put my stereo in a bookcase but the plug on the back makes it too deep. Last resort will be to cut a hole!

Is there a 90 degree cranked version of this typical mains lead plug?

Reply to
John

Yup, IEC 60320 C7 right angle

and search for Product No.: CB-8-3M

Reply to
Adrian C

And then have a fit at their shipping costs! Ho hum ... :-(

Reply to
Adrian C

Right-angle IEC 'kettle' style plugs are available if you could change the inlet to that type, or could you replace the plug inlet with a securely anchored flex.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:36:03 +0100, "John" had this to say:

Would cutting a hole be a real problem? Or moving the 'stereo' forward a couple of inches? I've never seen a 'stereotypical' mains plug, although you can get right-angle IEC and Bulgin 'plugs'. Remember the output plugs too - few of these are right-angle either.

Personally I think I'd rather keep books in a bookcase and have separate accommodation for non-book things.

If you have to keep audio stuff in a bookcase it would be better to cut the whole back away to allow proper ventilation (and connection of other items, speakers, and so on).

Reply to
Frank Erskine

They look like they are the two different riht angles (wide direction and narrow direction)

Reply to
Malcolm

Just fit a flex, losing the socket.

NT

Reply to
NT

Just fit a flex, losing the socket.

NT

It is (will be when it arrives) be new so I don't want to risk the warranty.

Reply to
John