Festool because...

Well it feels rock solid in use, you would have to try very hard to break it.

It also allows more illumination on the sharp end ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Only on one axis though. Its nice to be able to get surface alignment spot on without any fussing about sanding.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yerbut, you would need a light sanding anyway if only to remove the pencil marks that indicated where the biscuit was to go.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

not if they are on the underside ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

You don't sand both sides?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It's still Isaac Lord and tarred with the same brush, as far as I'm concerned.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Probably best that you keep away from the trade counter, in order to maintain your impression in that case.

I'm probably one of the most extreme people on the planet in terms of my lack of acceptance of poor customer service, and have voiced that in this group on the odd occasion (understatement). Therefore, when I do give praise about good service, somebody has to go beyond what is reasonably expected. These guys certainly do. I can't comment on the retail shop as that is at a different site.

Reply to
Andy Hall