Ferrolio Optima 901 relief valve test knob

Having read Ed Siretts sealed heating system FAQ (cheers Ed), I'm assuming our Ferroli Optima 901 has a faulty pressure release valve as it needs topping up everyday.
I topped up to ~2 bar, and noticed the discharge pipe started dripping, which pretty much confirms a faulty pressure release valve, right??
A possible solution that Ed suggests, short of getting a new valve, is to "dislodge dirt on the valve by operating the test knob (often red plastic) very briefly".
However, I can't fing my test knob! Is this inside the boiler, attached to the valve? I really have no idea about boilers. What would be the procedure for getting to the test knob?
If the test knob solution didn't work, I notice I can get a new valve from the web for about 13. Is it a skilled job fitting it, or is it just a screw-in thingy?
Cheers,
Ted.
Ted wrote:

Don't know this model, but normally the relief valve has a red lever that you lift up a bit to let water out. You should be able to locate the valve because the vent pipe should connect directly to it. BTW the installer should have left you the install and user manuals for the boiler...
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:49:36 +0000, BillR wrote:

Well the valve will be in the boiler at the other end of the relief pipe. Unless the manual told you to do so the 2 bar is a tad too high to fill a system up to. In fact as it heats up it is likely to cause the releif valve to operate even if everything were in good order.
Most releif valves have a knurled black or often red knob on them. They turn in one direction only and often have a 'detent' which lets you lodge them open. Some have a lever metal or plastic.
You have two possible problems. 1) a Leaking valve. 2) a failed expansion vessel, which causes water loss as outlined in the FAQ.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

connect
the
Thanks,
I haven't got the manuals, so I'll take the cover off and have a poke round...
Cheers,
Ted