Ferroli boiler

Hello Some months back (pre condensor boiler requirement) we rushed into having a ferroli combination modena boiler fitted but only now since finishing the kitchen have we noticed a problem. Its this. When the heating is on turning on the hot water tap cuts to hot water which is fine. However turning on the cold water also cuts off the heating. The boiler does not light up suggesting tripping of the hot water valve(?).We thought fitting a single check valve on the cold water feed into the boiler might solve the problem but it hasn't. Help and advice much appreciated.

Kaz

Reply to
Kaz

This won't help, but I have the same boiler & haven't had this problem Are you sure it was installed correctly

-- Pufter

Reply to
Pufter

Hi Ian Thank you for replying. The hot water works fine, it's when the cold tap (note both hot and cold are fed from the rising main) is turned on at the kitchen sink that a click can be heard (similar to when the hot water is switched on) and it switches off the heating (but shouldn't). If I was to say flush the loo the water drawn from the tank in the loft when replaced by the rising main does not switch of the heating. I suspect it might just be the type of tap - lever from Ikea. I will try drawing cold water from the washing machine feed tomorrow to see if this switches off the boiler. This is the second of this make of boiler that I've fitted, the previous has worked perfectly well for the last 7 years.

Kaz

IAN wrote:

Reply to
Kaz