Fernox F1 vs Fernox MB1

Does anyone know what the difference is? Going by the Fernox website they seem to have identical characteristics.

F1:

've always used MB1 before because that's what the plumbers' merchant has given me, but I'm just curious.

Cheers!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Get youself 150 gms of boric acid from the chemist (69p last time I looked). That's all Sentinel consists of, and I expect Fernox is the same

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Boric acid's virtually unobtainable from pharmacies nowadays.

ISTR that it was used for preparing 'naughty' drugs, so chemists have stopped selling it.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Also used as an eyewash and general antiseptic. The big Savacentre type pharmacies do that whole range of powders in a box, or you can pick up

500gms on EBay
Reply to
Stuart Noble

"Fernox, manufactured and sold by Cookson Electronics of England...utilizes carboxylic acid salts as part of the corrosion additive package"

idea what that means though - I'm no chemist. Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak