Fermecel

Hi

I have recently come across a wall-board (cement-fibre board?) called fermecel in a partially-built house I was visiting.

It has a bonding applied to the seams/screw-heads and a very light

2-3mm skim coat over the board sanded back to a smooth finish.

Has anybody else come across this or used it. What is it like to erect, is the bonding/skimming a feasible diy job.

Is it hard to source or is it becoming more common.

Reply to
mjwalsh

Phil L