Ferm pressure washers

Anyone had any experience with the Ferm pressure washers that Screwfix offer? There's a 140, 100 and 100 bar model. The lowest power one comes with a car cleaning kit and it £80, which seems reasonable. All I want it for is 90% washing the car and 10% cleaning the patio and driveway. Am I likely to be disappointed? Do Ferm make good washers?

al

In my experience, pressure washers are poor tools for cleaning cars. They will take the worst of the mud off but won't touch the traffic film without expensive custom detergents. A chamois and a bucket are the best (and cheapest) tools for the job.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I got the 50 quid performance power one from B&Q. Does the job. Excellent on the patio. It is obviously not quite as good as a friend's Karcher, but that cost four times as much.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I still find it useful for washing cars. Firstly, use it to wet the car. Then clean with bucket of hot soapy water and sponge. Finally rinse with pressure washer.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In message , al writes

ISTR the pressure hose is only 3m on the cheapie. That will make it awkward for car cleaning.

Reply to
Steven Briggs

Karcher seems to be having quite a big sale if these prices are to be believed:

I be better off with one of them for under £70 rather than a Ferm?

al

IIRC, Karcher do a nozzle called something like a dirtblaster. Inside it has a rotatin part which give the jet more of a scouring action and is very good on patios. the only other brand that has something similar I know of is Bosch, which are also very good. Nozzles, hozes & tools are not interchangeable between brands and bodged adaptors are not that practical due to the high working pressure.

I'd buy the Karcher over a Ferm. Worth checking the warranty. A Ferm saw I have offers 3 years which is pretty good for a budget brand. Don't know what karcher offer.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin