Felt Window Strip/Draft exluder

Hi, I've refurbed a number of sash windows over the last few years but due to age and sanding they obviously rattle. The proffesionals I know route out a groove and put weather strips in etc but I just wanted them working, not perfect :-) I don't have an issue with it, that's what they are, that's why people paint them up and I prefer rattling working sashes than a painted up mess.

I remeber in my parents house when I was younger that they had secondary double glazing with sliding internal windows. The frames the windows slid in were lined in what I seem to remember being a sort of felt strip. That would be perfect for padding out the gaps in my sashes between the window and the parting beads and frame to stop any rattles.

Anyone know where I might be able to get something similar ?

thanks, Ant.

Reply to
ANt

Ant,

You can still get a product called 'Atomic Strip' which is a flexible but springy brass strip that is very effective - it comes in two widths - circa

1" for doors and narrower (maybe 3/4") for windows.

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks Andrew, I'll search around. Do you know of any suppliers ?

cheers, Ant.

Reply to
ANt

When I last bought some it was from a hardware shop in Camden High Street. (Cannot remember the name)

I think I still have a roll or two tucked away somewhere in the cellar.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In article , Andrew Mawson writes

If anyone does find a source, please post here.

I spent months trying to buy some 5 years ago, and eventually bought all remaining stock from a Castorama in the Pyrenees.

And I am about to need more.......

Reply to
roger

Think I'm sorted....did a few searches and found the Draught Proofing Advisory Association is down the road from me

put me on to Kleeneze Sealtech Ltd who provide a few different types of draught proofing and are sending me some samples.

Ant.

Reply to
ANt