Felt Eating Foxes.

I live in the inner city and have always supported fox hunting - as do very many townies. And not all countryfolk did.

Fox already inhabit towns, buildings don't stop them breeding in gardens so they've been here for centuries. As their traditional earths have been built on they have simply moved house, as it were. There's no reason for them to migrate from the country.

And a lot of townies who we know encourage fox, they think they're pretty and get them to feed from their hands. They're not going to change their minds.

Blame politicians, not people, for the hunting ban.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's alright then, as long as your pets aren't harmed.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Plastic roofing, zinc, wooden tiles (forget name), lead...?

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Are you really still allowed to used lead on roofs?

Reply to
Fred

Her husband or friend then?

So how many times a day were you sending Spouse up to widdle on your roof? (That's true commitment for you...) :-)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Please refrain from using the "al**wed" word in here - if B&Q sell it, I can use it... BTW lead is still - erm - used in solder for aviation, military and medical electronic equipment (where reliability is required) - only consumers must be saddled with the built-in tin whiskers obsolescence.

Geo

Reply to
Geo

We didn't have a problem with fox on the roof.

I didn't send him, he got the idea forom somewhere else. If he wanted to do it that was his problem, not mine. It takes a lot of widdle to cover the boundary even of a modest inner city back garden and when it didn't work he gave up.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It would take a long time for it to poison the fox too :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you say so Mary, but I'd have been more upset about it if they'd been my chickens. It does also mean I'll need to get more Tuits (in terms of chickenwire fencing etc) if I'm to keep some myself, which I'd like to do.

I take it you're a fox-hater then? Myself, I quite like them. I know they slaughter animals for their food, but then so do most humans I know. And at least foxes slaughter their own prey instead of having someone else do it for them.(though I'm sure this doesn't apply to any self-respecting DIYer :-))

Reply to
John Stumbles

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Not in small chemically propelled pellets it wouldn't.

Reply to
Guy King

Quite. You seemed to think that because your pets weren't killed the fox weren't a problem even though your friend's hens were killed. That's a selfish attitude, I think.

Chicken wire won't keep out fox. Nor badger. It will keep the chickens in, that's all.

I don't hate anything. I don't want fox in our garden and we've taken expensive steps to ensure that they can't get in.

Urban fox have killed about a dozen of our chickens over the years. Note, I didn't say *ate* them, just killed them. Urban fox aren't hungry, they're fed by people and scavenge things left by litter louts (mankind) and careless food disposal, also by Man.

Sometimes we found our beloved hens headless, sometimes just killed with a broken neck. The fox which killed them weren't hungry, they did it for sport, like a dog which also killed one of our precioius hens. All our hens were killed during the day so please don't say that we were careless about shutting them in at night. Fox came in our garden when we were in it. They saw us, they were bold.

Please read what I said above. And I prefer the more realistic 'kill' to the euphemistic 'slaughter'.

Sadly, we're bound by law in UK, we're not allowed to kill most of the meat we eat.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I suspect that that couldn't be classed as pioisoning but it certainly would work. big ones would be quicker.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

too. Sense of humour bypass today, Mary...?!

Reply to
Lobster

In article , Mary Fisher writes

Would you be able to take out Foxey with a legally rated air rifle?....

Reply to
tony sayer

The poor thing would have to suffer. As they do when dying 'naturally'.

I'm off to bed, in pain and too hot and tired and, unusually, fed up. If I don't come back it's been nice knowing (some of) you.

Mary

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from tony sayer contains these words:

How close are you allowed to stand?

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

Umm... I wouldn't have thought the reward worth the effort. The holes here are only where you might expect to find nuts. There is plenty more lawn, untouched by Foxes but regularly searched by Starlings.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Well I like foxes too, but that doesn't stop me wishing that someone would get a pack of dogs and thin them down a bit now and again.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Of course. Why not?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There's a f*ck of a lot of it in every car battery..

And a fair bit in every car wheel..once its balanced..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher