Fein clone and spare blades at Aldi next week.

It does indeed - in the ad for the machine - so the accessories should be ok even though the ad for those doesn't mention other makes.

What I want to know is, will they fit my Fein machine?

Reply to
Roger Mills

The pic shows them with slots, so they may do. The ones which came with my Aldi cordless don't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

multitools are all sold out.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Anyone know if these fit genuine Fein Multimasters?

Reply to
The Other Mike

Or a slow learner like harry.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've used the Fein to do the parting cut on terracotta paviors that I had trimmed around the new opening for a staircase. Trimmed architrave that had been buried in concrete level to the floor. Chopped rotted wood out of door sills. Cut staircase wedges and plugs used to cover up screws on the bannisters down to size. That's this month. It's great at getting into corners that other tools can't reach.

Reply to
Steve Firth

:

The current page on the UKDIY faq has some info on compatibility:

photo of the Aldi Powercraft fitting is shit (I feel I can say that as I took it). So here's a better photo if anyone would care to upload it to the FAQ:

know several folks on here have used Speciality Diamond on eBay for spare blades. For some reason, they obscure the photo of the fitting on their eBay listings. But this is what the Aldi compatible offering looks like (and it fits various other makes as well):

mike

te:

lades won't fit the Bosch? Pity...

Reply to
GMM

rote:

blades won't fit the Bosch?

I think the FAQ may be misleading in that it shows the number of holes in various manufacturers' blades rather than the number of pins on the tools.

The Aldi tool for example has two pins while the blades have four holes, so you can fit an Aldi blade to an Aldi tool in four positions (although the fourth would just be facing backwards).

I haven't seen a Bosch tool but I'm guessing it doesn't have twelve pins. If it has two or four, then the Aldi blades would fit. The difference would be that they would fit in four positions rather than the twelve that a Bosch blade would fit in.

Maybe someone else can chime in and confirm or refute this.

The FAQ as it stands says that Aldi blades fit Bosch.

Reply to
mike

blades won't fit the Bosch?

Blue Bosch 250: 12 pins :-(

Reply to
PeterC

This review link from a year or so ago:

to say that the Aldi blades *do* fit the Bosch.

I might take my PMF-180 in-store tomorrow and try to check...

HTH Jon

Reply to
jkn

Those blades (in the review) look different from the piccy in the Aldi advert. I'll probably risk a tenner and hope for the best!

Reply to
GMM

The ones in the pic have slots - so may well fit the Fein too. Or, of course, neither.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It seems that Aldi have changed the holes/slots in the blades each time the tool has appeared -- perhaps to make the blades more compatible with other models?

Anyway, the blades with four holes that came with the 2009 version seem to be history now, so perhaps should be deleted from the FAQ.

Reply to
mike

Does that help:-)?

Reply to
ARW

Does me, been away since last Wednesday and about to do the weekly shop. Choice of two Tesco's one of which has an Aldi right next door...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I took a blade in to Aldi this morning and matched it up against the blades through the packaging. Looks like they will fit my Bosch PMF-180, so I bought a set ;-). Mainly for the ceramic blade, though I'm sure the others will come in handy.

I haven't actually fitted it to my Bosch, so YMMV.

Cheers Jon N

Reply to
jkn

The aldi multitool & separate accessory set actually have 2 different hole patterns.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Isn't that what we have been discussing? The accessory set has

*multiple* 'hole patterns', to allow the blades to fit a variety of tools.

I imagine the multitool itself only has one pattern ;-). Whether the blades that come with the tool have the same pattern as the accessory pack, I neither know nor care.

J^n

Reply to
jkn

Been and bought, note that the blades are not HSS and only suitable for wood, plastic or "soft metal".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice