Feel like an idiot buying Timber at timber yards

Both material types on that site have the real wood as a veneer.

WBP is mainly used for construction purposes (typical of the stuff sold in DIY store) although the ones here not.

The description should tell you. Normally the work "effect", "melamine" or "foil" is used.

There should be a balancing veneer generally. Also the availability of different thicknesses gives a clue. For example 6mm for a cabinet back where you would have the good side facing forwards and the hidden rear side being a cheaper veneer,

Reply to
Andy Hall

Try Goodwoods on Junction Road, near Archway. They're a family owned firm, very friendly and (at least last year) will cut to size accurately and free of charge. IIRC delivery is cheap / free depending on spend.

In fact, now that I come to mention them, they're one of the few things I miss since moving out to the sticks.

-- Rob

Reply to
Rob Hamadi

In message , Andy Hall writes

fumes are strong though so needs lots of ventilation while drying

Reply to
Si

I thought the Danes were a green lot

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Yer kidding. They have (or used to have) power stations burning oily fish industrially. The windmills are just a front.

Besides... what's the use of so called green products if they don't work?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oil finishes is probably the one area where solvents don't do much. The oil on its own is a good consistency and doesn't really need thinning for most applications.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You may well ask.

Reply to
Huge

Possibly. I just don't like most water based products for wood finishing.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nor do I. Usually dull and cloudy compared to the solvent equivalent, and you can forget sharp colours

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Sort of like CFL bulbs really.

All of which goes to prove that the environmental lobby is all about clouded vision and muddled thinking.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That is almost the definition of any lobby

Reply to
Stuart Noble