Federation of Master Builders MasterBond Scheme

Hi

I have a leaking yorkshire stone roof. It is patched up in several places and there doesnt appear to be any lead flashing between my house and the next on the hill. I would like to have the roof stones turned and replaced where broken. I would like to keep stones rather than go for man-made tiles. Should a roof newly covered in yorkshire stone be just as water tight as perfectly fitting man-made tiles? If not I may change my mind and get tiles instead 8)

I am going to get several quotes. I would like to have a simple contract as it sounds like it is going to be expensive. Has anyone had experience of hiring people under the masterbond scheme? Did you find it worthwhile - where the builders any more reliable/professional than those outsie the scheme?

Regards

Bramble