Fed up with catarrh (OT)

sposed to ne ACE inhibitors

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well known side-effect of Amlodipine.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Try menthol crystals in hot water, but be careful - it can blow your head off.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Bob Martin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

That's what I take!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Amlodipine did a lot worse than just that - evil allergic rashes and my legs swelled up and I am now on perindropril.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As a result of some of the suggestions here, my wife today got a packet of Potters Pastilles in Waitrose (Stirling) 20 pastilles for £3.

Regards

Syke

Reply to
Syke

Interesting. I've been on amlodipine for a few years but it's only the last year I've had this stupid cough, and a tiny bit of ankle swelling. Next door's cat is on it too (2.5 mg per day)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

If ankles are swelling see GP IMMEDIATELY.

That's heart failure (as opposed to a heart attack) and you need to find a better way to reduce BP.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I really do feel that's more than a bit hyperbolic given (a) very many people have those symptoms as a side-effect to Amlodipine (not to mention for umpteen other reasons) without having any heart problems and (b) the poor chap's unlikely to be able to see his GP "immediately" after 20:00 no matter how loudly you shout at him. Naturally it's worth checking but IIRC from assorted relatives etc who were on Amlodipine the swelling is often treated by a diuretic such as Furosemide.

Reply to
Robin

Not what my GP said. Took one look and said 'lets try perindropril instead'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I survived the night with my Amlodipine symptoms. Might stroll round to the surgery later. Usually no wait if I don't care which doc I see. Don't want that young Asian bird looking at my todger though

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Blimey. At my age any bird looking at yer todger is a bounus

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Unless they want to take a sample. Ouch

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Assuming it is not a virus...

Inverted table for a set time? Given that the lungs do have a natural (wave)form of expelling mucus against gravity.

Considering the work some parents have to put into 'patting' the chest and backs of child sufferers, I have wondered if there was a set of low frequencies that would better do the job?

Assuming an inactive person; inflating the lungs and holding for 20 to

30 seconds, and expelling to the max, done over a minute, 3 times a day, will stretch and strengthen the intercostal muscles. It will also revitalise the bone of the ribs that have probably not moved so far in a long time.

As a whole, breathing will become easier; lung capacity will increase, each breath will become deeper and less resistive. Less resistance means more oxygen for less work which, increase of the ability of the body to recover during rest.

After a month you will have added an inch to the chest size. You will have a much stronger cough -should you still have one?-. You will increase airway volume such that the same amount of mucus would not cause the same obstruction. After a month of this exercise it can be cut back to twice or, three times a week.

The advantage of this method is, you don't have to do heavy workouts to gain the same condition; body posture will open and, because 84% of body fat leaves through the lungs, ..?

Vitamin C, which has a life time of approx' 4 hours in the body, would help. Also, red wine. Red wine itself is a culture that is symbiotic with humans but, it has also been discovered that, the amount in a small wine glass has just the right level of alcohol to strip the arteries and veins of debris. Once again, every 4 hours or more. Any more alcohol and the effects are reversed.

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12

had bad cold in November last year and have suffered cough and phlegm ever since, nose like a bad case of hay fever. Had chest x rays, breathing checks, blow down tube etc all ok. Am now using Beconase (I think it is) up nose, anti histamine tablets, inhaler sometimes. honey, Jakemans, and still I have cough, but it is getting better. Dont mean to be nasty but glad to hear someone else is suffering.

Reply to
critcher

I felt a whole lot better after I read, 'young Asian bird'.

Reply to
RayL12

that would be amusing to see.

Reply to
critcher

forgot olbas oil in hot water as well as above. Jakemans just came up in spell check as Jamaicans, ho ho.

Reply to
critcher

Double blind trials shows that it doesn?t in that situation.

That hasn?t been established using double blind trials either.

Reply to
Sam Crean

Lol, how exactly do you propose to not give some people alcohol yet convince them they've had it? If you can't do that, you can't do a blind controlled trial.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr