FCU in bathroom

Shavers go into a transformer isolated shaver socket...

If you want to dry your hair, then go somewhere other than the bathroom ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Isn't a bathroom about the only area that is still notifiable under Part P?

Reply to
Andrew May

Not /very/ often, no, but more often than I get poisonous spiders.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Or fit a suitably large isolating transformer? Wonder what the regs would make of that. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Almost. I always take my own fridge (electric cool box) in order to keep milk and other perishables in the room.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I've been booked into hotels in France where I know that I need to take an air bed with me, because the supplied mattresses are soft foam about an inch thick. I hate sleeping on the bed base, and even borrowing the mattress off the other bed in the room is no help.

Reply to
John Williamson

Apart from the minor little blips upwards since 2008 in both domestic and non-domestic fatalities shown in DCLG's assessment of Part P in December 2012 ;)

Reply to
Robin

As predicted here IIRC ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I would have no problem with installing a normal switched fused spur outside the zones.

Reply to
ARW

What, and give them an excuse to lock themselves in there *even*

*longer*?

Women obviously don't have bladders and so don't realise that other people do have, that's the only explanation I can think of.

jgh

Reply to
jgh

Yes, I usually manage to figure out most of the new to me acronyms by the context (context is everything and if that's not enough, GIYF[1]).

In this case I had to resort to google to figure it out.

[1] Not to be confused with the acronym "GIYF!" where the pling changes everything bar the word 'google'. :-)
Reply to
Johny B Good

Alternatively, JFGI.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I very much doubt that electrical deaths in bathrooms are much higher in Australia than UK even allowing that we have power points in most bathrooms.

Reply to
F Murtz

Now can you provide a similar list for "de hum"? These people who talk in code will not get help from anyone who doesn't know what it means.

Reply to
Dave W

Do we really want help from anyone too stupid to work it out from context?

Reply to
Huge

Shouldn't take more than 1.85 secs to decode "de hum", with "bathroom" as the prime clue.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well... At least in the UK you are still allowed to do some D-I-Y leccy work.

I think in most of the world if you do something stupid and hurt yourself then that is down to you being stupid. In the UK the "Something must be done about it" brigade / Nanny state means you must be protected from yourself.

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

Its code for extractor fan isn't it?

Reply to
dennis

Nah, that's just too obvious. I prefer the more 'subtle' approach. It makes the advicee exercise their 'thinking muscle', thereby reducing the 'flab' in this body part. You'd only end up 'spoon feeding' the 'victim'...er advicee.

Reply to
Johny B Good

I figured that out easily enough even though that's a contraction I've never come across before.

It just struck me as being a 'half assed' attempt at laziness in the avoidabce of typing it out in full. So lazy in fact, that he failed to use the equally obscure, but more succint "DH" acronym which would have shaved off even more energy and effort.

Obviously, the OP is no 'expert in laziness' and made the usual 'rookie mistake'. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good