Faulty power flush?

Three days ago a power flush of the central heating system in my house was done by one of the engineers of a well known medium size plumbing business in London, C Anderson & Sons.

He spent over 4 hours to do the job and used a big machine connected to the pipes of a radiator that was disassembled. My system has 23 radiators and two boilers over four floors.

Yesterday, I had the Vokera boiler engineer come to fix one of the boilers. When a water pressure valve was changed a good amount of water from the central heating system was released.

The problem is that that water was very black. As black as it was before the power flush. I have kept a jar with it.

The Vokera engineer said that, in his opinion, that water should be much clearer right after the power flush and that it does not seem to have been done properly.

Is it normal that water is so dirty right after a power flush?

The heating in my house has been working reasonably well, but I have had a few problems with control valves over the years and, recently, major problems with the boilers. Perhaps due to the dirty water. I do want to avoid the risk of further problems caused by dirty water.

Thanks,

Antonio

Reply to
asalcedo

No, it wasn't done properly. You have cast iron (or rusted iron;-) evidence and you can add that the boiler engineer said it wasn't done right. Personally I wouldn't bother with a power flush, but since you already paid for one, I would get them back to do it properly.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel