Faulty Hotpoint WMA76 washing machine

My washing machine will not spin. I have tried the manuals suggestion by removing the washing to see if the fail safe switch resets. Any ideas?

Reply to
rickity

Won't turn the drum at all, or it's only failing on the spin cycle ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

First repair - change the brushes in the motor

Reply to
Peter Andrews

I stripped mine after the main spin started to stutter and fail. Could not find the dam brushes. Took a couple of photo's of the motor and took it to a repair friend. He said it is a new electronic motor of some sort and it does not have brushes, it has a electronic control unit.. Had a look round that for dry joints, but gave up and picked up a new one for about £170 is Tesco I think...

Reply to
PhilÅ

That's also typical of a broken conductor in the wiring harness to the motor or a connector on the motor.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Does the drum just turn when it should be spinning? If so it could be the motor control board.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot