faulty draw runners... what are they called and where can I buy them?

About 5 years ago,

I bought some pine furniture. One of the pieces was a chest of draws. There are five draws in total.

The draws have sliding metal bars that have ball bearings in them.

There is one on each side of the draw.

Each has two screws into the main carcass and two screws into the draw.

Over the past year, the ball bearings have worked their way out, fallen out and so the draws no longer move smoothly.

In addition the draws are now falling out of the carcass when opened

What are the proper names for the sliding rails and where can I buy some replacement ones?

Regards,

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Stephen brought next idea :

As per the other earlier thread...

Harry Bloomfield

Drawers, not draws.

Draw: Verb: Produce (a picture or diagram) by making lines and marks, esp. with a pen or pencil, on paper. Noun: An act of selecting names randomly, typically by extracting them from a bag or other container, to match competitors in a game or tournament.

Drawer:

Davey

'drawer slides' (probably). Mackay's have a selection, but it was rather insufficient for what I wanted (700mm slides for server room racks). Accuride have a range of more heavy duty components, though they might be overkill for you. Availble from Farnell, RS, etc.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

If I were you I wouldn't buy the faulty ones.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Slide assemblies when I used them, but that was back in the 80s. as to where to find them, well, really good ones used to be made for those

19 inch electronic rack mounted gear, though whether those sort might fit a chest or drawers is anyones guess. recent rubbish seem to just use little nylon wheels. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff

ebay item 270823166738 - search "drawer runners" for your size.

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

I managed to get some for a kitchen drawer from eBay. Search for item

200529611582 and then look through the seller's items. You have to measure what you've got - length closed and extended, and also the height of the groove in the side of the drawer. Really easy to fit.
Reply to
Part Timer

Drawer Runners

Screwfix sell them, see:

think I've seen them in B&Q as well.

Reply to
Gareth

Otoh, most runners, with the exception of naturists, need drawers too.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Now as a particularly boring pedant having given us lesson in grammar, could you please now stretch your rather dull imagination and search engine skills and suggest the proper names for the items as requested in the OP?

I would be surprised if you could!

Reply to
Unbeliever

As a child I heard the expression Refer to Drawer - and couldn't see the connection with wooden or textile drawers.

Reply to
polygonum

In this case the drawer is the one who draws upon (tries to use) the cheque. The expression is used when the cheque bounces.

As for the runners - I've never seen those ball bearing ones in good quality furniture. Replace with a strip of wood inside the cabinet, another nailed onto the drawer, and a bit of candle wax for lubricant.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Incorrect. It was a lesson in spelling, not grammar. And you missed out the 'a' before 'lesson'.

Reply to
Davey

Ah, the Bouncing Czechs.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Christ, they'd need to be mighty worn. Mine aren't that bad, yet.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

As is only right and proper, in a Usenet granmar/speeling correction.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon