FAULTY BOILER?? HELP

I have recently had a new Gloworm Combi fitted and am having a few problems I hope someone can tell me the solution to!!

The pressure keeps dropping as soon as the temperature goes below about

25 and the boiler then produces no hot water or heating. There is water coming from the overflow as well - don't know if that helps!

Anyway, my plumber made the diagnosis that the safety value needed replacing which I have now paid and had installed. However the problem is the same. My plumber has now told me I need to have a Power Flush at around =A3800. Is this realistic or is the problem likely to be something else other than sludge! HELP PLEASE

Reply to
Danielle

He's talking ballcocks. Sludge won't cause what you're experiencing: a defective pressure vessel will. If it's a new boiler it may just need pumping up if for some reason it had lost its air, or it may be defective. Look at (google for) Ed's sealed system faq for explanation.

Reply to
john.stumbles

Just to help... see below. The system should have been thoroughly cleansed before the boiler was fitted. Since the releif valve has been changed the problem is likely the expansion vessel - which should be under warranty.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The pressure keeps dropping as soon as the temperature goes below about

25 and the boiler then produces no hot water or heating. There is water coming from the overflow as well - don't know if that helps!

Anyway, my plumber made the diagnosis that the safety value needed replacing which I have now paid and had installed. However the problem is the same. My plumber has now told me I need to have a Power Flush at around £800. Is this realistic or is the problem likely to be something else other than sludge! HELP PLEASE

The address of Ed Sirrett's FAQ is:-

expansion vessel may look like a big red doughnut situated at the back of your boiler: it will have a bicycle pump valve on it to recharge it with air if it has leaked away. If water comes out instead of air the diaphragm inside is shot and you need a new expansion vessel, though you can put one somewhere on the CH pipes that is convenient for you.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy