Fat Max Tape

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

I was in Focus today (spit! - absolutely dreadful shops, makes Homebase look wonderful)

THey had them in their at 9.99 as well, since you've all raved so much I bought one

Reply to
chris French

It's the only shop I can think of that sells hamsters and Duck tape though....

Reply to
Andy Hall

I have the 8m version - which is great for roof framing. I have had many long tapes and this is the best one ever. I've given my other 8 and 10m tapes away.

Despite this, I am still not impressed by the quality. Some numerals are faint and printing is not sharp. Also the yellow coating on the tape is variable and seems like it is wearing or will wear quicker in places. But it retracts smoothly though.

I was a "cheap tape" person on the basis that I lose/break/have stolen tapes quicker than I wear them out, but cheap tapes just don't compare. And I will look after this one

dg

Reply to
dg

I've never liked Focus. They now sponsor DIY SOS with a range of totally crap adverts and I wouldn't go there if you paid me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh I hate the place, but I was at Tesco's, they are next door, and I just needed one item, which even they managed to actually have

Reply to
chris French

DIY SOS is a BBC programme...

Reply to
stevelup

It's shown all the time on cable TV and Focus sponsor that I can assure you. The ads are so bad I want to throw something at the TV.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman