Fastening battens through insulation

I'm planning to insulate my cellar with Gutex wood fibre (the cellar is clo se to the Gutex factory, and yup, that means "not in England"). Gutex reco mmend their Thermosafe-wd with a humidity variable barrier like Proclima In tello, and then battens fastened through the insulation to the wall (with b oards over the top).

What sort of fastenings would people use? I could just use frame fixings, but I'm a bit concerned about all that metal creating a thermal bridge.

Something like

6/dp/B001L5SLKE would be effective, but would cost more than the insulation .

Perhaps

-of-24/99789?kpid=99789 plus a frame fixing at the top.

Also, how thick would you make the battens? 25x50, 50x50, something else? Finally, what spacing for the battens and fixings in the battens?

Reply to
Martin Bonner

What sort of fastenings would people use? I could just use frame fixings, but I'm a bit concerned about all that metal creating a thermal bridge.

Something like

would be effective, but would cost more than the insulation.

Perhaps

plus a frame fixing at the top.

Also, how thick would you make the battens? 25x50, 50x50, something else? Finally, what spacing for the battens and fixings in the battens?

I would think the manufacturers website would have all this stuff.

Reply to
harryagain

In message , Martin Bonner writes

Look up *distance screws* and I use 25mm x 38mm battens and then nail boards on top. If you are butting plywood to join on a batten, 25 x 50 might be better.

Reply to
Tim Lamb