Farm track/ footpath/unadopted.

Well lets hope someone still knows where the drain is for when the massive turd comes back to bite them. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Slightly different, but about 45 years ago my late grandfather found rats entering his garden from a cracked pipe running along his hedge, inside his boundary. He knew the pipe was not part of his drainage and checked that it wasn't the neighbours. He put a bag of cement into it and forgot all about it.

About 10 years ago a local farmer got fed up with a field flooding in heavy rain, although it had a very old drainage system in it. He tried tracing the drains but fortunately gave up and installed some new pipework that fed in a slightly different direction and into the road drainage system..

One can only guess, but it did seem a bit of a coincidence, the new owner of my grandfathers land knows nothing of this and we kept very quiet............

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Matty F

they might not know who owns it. Even the person who owns it might not kno w. Where i live we all (neighbouring houses) have access rights to a lane behind our houses (it's in the deeds of each house) but nobody knows who o wns it (the land of the lane not registered).

Robert

Reply to
RobertL