FAQ: Want to ask a DIY question? Here's how. (V.16)

Many people post under a different name to the one they used in 1982.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

|Andy Wade wrote: |> Chris Bacon wrote: |>> Bob Eager wrote: |>>> Note to new readers: Chris Bacon [...] has come in and started |>>> making statements such as the above, |>>

|>> I've been posting here for a lot longer than you, noob. |> |> Manisfestly untrue, at least according to Google. The first article I |> can find from Bob was posted on 25th Feb 2001, your first in the archive |> is dated 3rd March 2005. | |It might be accurate to say that the first posting by "Chris Bacon" |was then.

So what other Sock Puppets do you run and who else do you pretend to be.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

|Bob Eager wrote: |> Andy Wade wrote: |>> Chris Bacon wrote: |>>> Bob Eager wrote: |>>>> Note to new readers: Chris Bacon [...] has come in and started |>>>> making statements such as the above, |>>> I've been posting here for a lot longer than you, noob. |>> Manisfestly untrue, at least according to Google. The first article I |>> can find from Bob was posted on 25th Feb 2001, your first in the archive |>> is dated 3rd March 2005. |> |> Indeed...if you want to count any postings to Usenet at all, and you can |> find a big enough archive, you could probably find postings I made in |> 1982... | |Many people post under a different name to the one they used in 1982.

Some malicious people, especially the well known wreckers, and trolls run dozens of Sock Puppets each.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

|Steve Firth wrote: |> Chris Bacon wrote: |>> Steve Firth wrote: |>>> Chris Bacon wrote: |>>>> Relevant commercial advertising IS acceptable in uk.d-i-y. |>>> No it's not. |>> Oh yes it is! |> |> Since the default for all groups is that advertising is off-topic, you're |> going to have to prove your claim. | |Read the charter for uk.d-i-y. N.B. a FAQ isn't a charter.

Then lets RFD a charter and have a Vote. My vote is against commercial advertising

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

And some sad losers talk big.

Hello loser.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Umm hmm, where would I read the charter? Perhaps you could save time and quote the section that permits commercial advertising?

Reply to
Steve Firth

C. Bacon is not a "sock puppet". You refer to a different usage to mine. I do not "pretend to be" anyone else.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

|Dave Fawthrop wrote: |> On 21 Jun 2006 14:06:51 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote: |> |> |Andy Wade wrote: |> |> Chris Bacon wrote: |> |>> Bob Eager wrote: |> |>>> Note to new readers: Chris Bacon [...] has come in and started |> |>>> making statements such as the above, |> |>>

Now I wonder what *that* means? Real politicians answer is that lots of words without meaning.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

|On 21 Jun 2006 14:15:34 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote: | |> Steve Firth wrote: |>> Chris Bacon wrote: |>>> Steve Firth wrote: |>>>> Chris Bacon wrote: |>>>>> Relevant commercial advertising IS acceptable in uk.d-i-y. |>>>> No it's not. |>>> Oh yes it is! |>> |>> Since the default for all groups is that advertising is off-topic, you're |>> going to have to prove your claim. |> |> Read the charter for uk.d-i-y. N.B. a FAQ isn't a charter. | |Umm hmm, where would I read the charter? Perhaps you could save time and |quote the section that permits commercial advertising?

You can, and know how to, submit an RFD, then that matter will be solved (eventually)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

This is stating the obvious (to anyone who's posted for a while). It is not the case for the entirity of people using a nom de plume, though, is it, as you have said above!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Now, you are talking. My entire point is that strictures should not be applied by FAQ. Anyone can write a FAQ. There are currently two of them for uk.d-i-y.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I know you know, but: the person who is C. Bacon does not post under any other identity than that of C. Bacon.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Then the person who is C Bacon has a brief posting history here and hence is full of piss and wind when they claim to have posted here before 25th February 2001.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Dave, I know you're off on another mission to attract every troll and sock puppet under the sun here, but if you could just try to focus for a moment. I don't want a charter, and a charter that does not exist cannot be read hence it does not permit advertising because it does not exist.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Bother. Why not?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

So you have no explanation for how you managed to read something in a non-existent charter?

Reply to
Steve Firth

You call yours a FAQ? ROFLMAO

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Why don't you three get a life and stop pussyfooting over something trivial.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Unreasonable people would ignore it and the actions of reasonable people don't cause any problems.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Do you mind a small but tastefull wreath at the funeral George?? :))

Reply to
EricP