FAQ: Suggestions for new structure and content

No I didn't, but that's how it is until I get back mid May. I could just delete it if that would help the defenestrated*.

(* I know, but close enough)

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Thanks, but it's on the web, Bob... you don't need it emailed.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Openoffice.org makes PDFs (at least it does on Linux; I assume the Windows version does too.

Otherwise, I use Fineprint PDF Factory. The free version is fine, but has a footer on each page.

What about a wiki?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

OK, Phil. I've rished off a PDF version and put it on the Web. If you're unhappy with that, I'll remove it...or if you have time, copy it and then I'll remove it!

It's here:

'll remove it as soon as requested.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Quite right...realised that a second later..see other post.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I just use GhostScript. Free and no restrictions. Can convert PostScript to PDF (and a lot more) and can view PS and PDF (and more).

I just converted that DOC to a PDF by turning on the dusty Windows PC in the other room (not used for weeks) and making a PS file. Moved that to this machine and typed one command to convert to PDF.

Reply to
Bob Eager

404
Reply to
Rob Morley

Sorry about that. It was very late! Of course, the name is the same as Phil's but with .PDF...

Bob Eager

please note that the doc file will remain there, and is fully re-organisable via outlining. This means that anyone who is seriously interested in the structure and contents can test their ideas on it before commenting publicly. And if they email me a copy I can use diffs to see exactly what they are suggesting with no ambiguity.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

wassat - url??

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

it's a wiki, an open system of collaborative contribution.

it's on the web, donchaknow ;-)

RT

Reply to
[news]

there's sensible, right there !

top suggestion.

RT

Reply to
[news]

so you donch then

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

got a PDF-er

hahahah, hoist on your own petard !

seriously, a wiki faq is a really good idea, hat's off to owen for suggesting it.

RT

Reply to
[news]

Hmm, good idea... play with the free enclyclopedia to get a feel for what it will do:

John Rumm

Have you got one for the current site that you could post as well? That way we can see at a glance which bits are new...

Reply to
John Rumm

So where is the actual wiki url?

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Sorry, there never was one, just the contents list in

would pull it into a similar scheme, good idea in fact, but have just about run out of time till mid-may. Anyone that is not frightened of mr gates is welcome to do it though.

Just to be totally clear, the list is a PROPOSED content - none of the new stuff exists.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to