FAO Mr Pounder

'll be there for the next 3 days.

And London is calling - that is where the work is.

Reply to
ARW

Andy Burns

I expect it was originally shot on film stock ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I did consider that before posting but thought videos *were* videos by then. Checking the first few seconds with Elizabeth Tower (it'll never catch on) there do look to be some filmy splodges though.

Reply to
Andy Burns

My condolences.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Great track and band though.

Reply to
Nige Danton

And at 1:33 or so there is a hair(1) stuck in the gate bottom right corner

Avpx

(1) Not hare

Reply to
The Nomad

You will be pleased to know that the nice traffic warden gave me a ticket whilst I was legally parked.

That will be another letter I have to write to appeals department.

Reply to
ARW

Make sure that you send it recorded. In my experience they deny receipt of anything not sent recorded. My last incident involved getting my MP to remonstrate with the Transport For London minister - three unrecorded letters ignored but the one from the House of Commons got through - strange isn't it ! They had to eat humble pie in the end.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Was his name Parking Pataweyo ... ? :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

:-) :-) :-)

The traffic warden was African. I was on the 3rd floor when it was mentioned by the joiner that I was getting a ticket.

I ran downstairs to see the pillock and I shouted "What the f*ck do you think you are doing?" as I raced out of the front door at which point he set off running. I called him back and shouted out that I was not going to punch him.

We had a nice chat when he came back. A pity that I could only understood half of what he said.

Reply to
ARW

>>> :-) :-) :-)

I bet the bit where he said that as he'd already issued the ticket, he couldn't take it back, was clear enough though ... ? :-(

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On the second attempt I did understand that.

The annoying thing is that the regular wardens have been spot on with everything we have done and it is not as if we have not looked after them - if they need a toilet then they use the one on our site - if it's cold and raining then they join us for a tea or coffee - if someone has filled a parking permit in incorrectly (usually the plasterers who are brain dead alcoholics) then they come in and tell us instead of issuing a ticket.

It's £18.75 for a traders parking permit for the day - £90 for book of 5. The tickets were bought the day before and have serial numbers. I might be working away again next week and will have no internet. I have asked a friend to log on to the Lambeth web site for me and grab the photo of the infringement for me when it appears on their website. I am sure he will share the photo for all to see (with the personal details removed).

On the plus side I have just realised that the warden claimed that the ticket was a reused one from the 4th of November. The 4th was on a Sunday and Sunday is free parking.

Reply to
ARW

And if you're in Perth, you might be flooded as well ...

Eight very low quality photos appeared today

On the plus side I have just realised that the warden claimed that

There is a close-up photo of the ticket itself, are they claiming you scratched off the wrong box? The photo is barely legible, but it looks as though *perhaps* you only scratched the "4" of the "14" box, but even if that is true, it wasn't the "4" box.

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's the claim. Mind you it was dark and I was recovering from an 8 hour piss up and only 5 hours sleep when I scratched it off.

Reply to
ARW