fan hole size in window

Ive a broken window pane in a bathroom, i went to the glaziers today and asked for a new pane with a circular hole for a fan but he asked how big a hole I said standard size but he said there is no standard.

I was thinking of putting a cheap plastic vent there at first but maybe later a humidity controlled vent, but i have no experience of these.

Any advice please, what size hole, what to put in there?

George

Reply to
DICEGEORGE

the size that your fan fits into. What else?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

i havent yet chosen a fan, or researched them

[g]
Reply to
DICEGEORGE

I would suggest get a fan then get the hole cut, bearing in mind it maybe the diameter of the fixing kit that requires cutting and not the fan itself.

Reply to
ss

i bought a kit on ebay and then they sent me a copy of the instructions which said 105mm hole.

I've had a hole cut in the new glass.

They gave a list of compatible fans which i havent yet had time to investigate.

DICEGEORGE