Fan Assisted Oven.Poss'y OT

I have an Indesit fan assisted oven with no facility to use it without the fan operating .I've probably just ruined a cake with the top being firey and the inside being just right . I had to remove the part of the oven casing the other day as the indicator light had become detached inside the casing and I saw the fan with the two leads going to it . has anyone ever disconnected the fan on a fan-assisted oven ...Would it be satisfactory in use without it ..? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Fan assisted ovens require the fan to provide any circulation. Otherwise the element will get hot by itself and there is little convection to circulate the hot air. This is by experience where the fan motor seized. Some heater element configurations may provide more even heating but not in my old one. The oven was practically useless.

Reply to
Fred

on 16/03/2005, Stuart supposed :

Definately not....

The element is fitted in spot where there is little or no air circulation, which means:-

  1. The element will overheat and
  2. Little of the heat generated will be passed into the oven to enable it to cook. finally
  3. The thermostat will not be able to regulate the ovens temperature properly.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Just go down 20 degrees on what the recipe says.

Foiling up also works.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ok,I'll try that ..Don't fancy the idea of wearing tinfoil while the cooking gets done tho'....lol Stuart

Reply to
Stuart