Fan Assisted Oven

I recently fitted a new fan motor to the oven of my electric cooker. Although it works perfectly well, the rotation is wrong according to the arrow marking in the centre of the fan. Could it be I've got the connections wrong?

Reply to
m.cottam1

I thought all oven fans use shaded pole motors - all the ones I've ever seen do. If this is the case, then unless the shading coil is broken, there is no way for the motor to go in the wong direction. You can't connect it the wrong way round - it's AC.

Does it suck or blow into the oven? It should blow. If it blows, then the fan is spinning the right way, but the arrow is wrong.

Reply to
Grunff

As it is a centrifugal fan, will it matter? (presuming it is centrifugal and not axial)

Reply to
John

is=ADcentrifugal and not axial)

The fan blades will normally be angled to maximise flow, running the wrong way will cause a bit lower airflow rate, but it should still work.

Reply to
bigcat

They suck in air from the centre grilled baffle and distribute it out the sides, passing through the circular element.

Reply to
Fake Empire