Famous Copies!?

A few might think that this is the wrong NG for this thread, but I have been unable to source an NG that is appropriate or even active! Most that appeared to fit the bill were practically deserted! If you know different, please put me straight and I'll post there!

I am after any references to past/recent stories in the news that have involved "A Famous Copy" be it Art, Counterfeiting, Imposters, Fraud of any type... of main interest are those that led to being entered into the anals of history... they don't need to be criminally related although this would be of extra interest! I was hoping that a google would lead me to an encyclopedia of "Famous Copies" although as is usual with net searches, that proved to be wishfull thinking unless one knows the exact search words!

Can anyone help me get further with this?

Many thanks Dean.

Reply to
DeanoH

or try a web search for art forgery or art fakes or that type of thing.

Reply to
BigWallop

DeanoH wrote: .....

^^^^^^ Brings a whole new meaning to 'buggering around with history'..

Annals dear, annals.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher