Families on lowest incomes subsidise the lives of the rich

ISTM that the only person who doesn't appreciate that Dribble is totally off his trolley is Dribble. It is almost always him against the rest. His only answer to constructive criticism invariably contains irrelevant references to ASBOs or plantpots. The only support he can rely on is from Timegoes by and all we know about Timegoesby is that he is either Dribble's brother or his alter ego.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Roger, have the voices stopped yet? What do they this week?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Its interesting to watch some posters resort to name calling when they've hopelessly lost their argument.

Reply to
Fredxx

I know fascinating.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ahh, so the house I paid for, costing more than one in a "poor area" (such as the one I moved out of), should now cost me even more ?

Don't we already do this via council tax ?

Hardly. Who determines what is a valuable location - a brownfield site may become valuable given certain tax incentives, but you wouldn't normally want to live in such an area if it's run-down slums.

I declare your location is valuable, prepare to pay so much tax you have to move to let someone rich in.

Meanwhile, we'll declare Kensington and Mayfair as deprived inner-city areas in need of support.

I already pay more - I don't have kids, so I already pay more than most because i'm funding schools I don't use.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Now there's an idea! Make national and local taxes reflect the true burden on society of having kids......

Reply to
The Wanderer

No. What you paid for is what you paid for. You would pay no income tax, Council Tax, tax in saving and pay tax on the value of the LAND only. Simple. It works in Hong Kong.

"People who live in valuable locations will pay much more than those who live in less expensive properties." this is related to taxation for services received.

No. Put a conservatory on the house and they charge you more - as daft as the window tax.

What determines what is a valuable location is the market.

With LVT you do not pay income tax. You pay only a tax on the "value" of the land,not the bricks. If you think you pay too much, then move into location with lower land value. Simple.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We need children to grow up and pay taxes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We certainly need you to grow up and pay taxes.

Reply to
Steve Firth

This pervo needs locking up. Tagging is too good for him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Or just to grow up would do

Reply to
geoff

Maxie! As you are a Leprechaun in a Paddy band, every one grew up more than you.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel