fall angle of soil pipe

Is there a minimum fall angle of a soil pipe from a toilet to main soi

pipe? Thank

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark

Needs to be between 18 and 90 mm fall per metre of pipe

David

Reply to
Lobster

90 mm in 1000? Thats nearly 1 in 10.

Put the pipe in so that the bubble on a metre spirit level is on one of the lines. That will give it -if I remember correctly, something like 1 in 400.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Well fine, but it will be outwith current English building regs, and I rather assumed that was the point of the question??

David

Reply to
Lobster

are published there including drainage, its quite suprising how much there is on something that at first glance seems as simple as drainage

Reply to
andrewd909

1 in 60 to 1 in 100 is recommened fo pipes laid in the ground.

IIRC its a bit more for internal bog pipes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If I remember correctly that would be a factor of 10x incorrect. S.b. One in Forty. For small non underground runs such as the o.p. is enqiring about a steeper fall is commonplace.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Stockdale