Fake TV burglar deterrent

record

Note that that section is "Prospective" read the "Status" box at the top of the page. ICBA'd to unpick the several pages of links to amendments that may or may not have been applied to the text of the Act that is shown.

And ICBA'd to follow the trail from:

"(6)The Secretary of State may by regulations exempt from the requirement of a licence under subsection (1) the installation or use of television receivers-

(a)of such descriptions, (b)by such persons, (c)in such circumstances, and (d)for such purposes,

as may be provided for in the regulations."

And the double speak of:

"(7)Regulations under subsection (6) may make any exemption for which such regulations provide subject to compliance with such conditions as may be specified in the regulations."

As is quite common an Act may say one thing but it may well be "amended" by other regulations, schedules etc that the Act refers to. Principly because it's easier to change regulations, schedules etc than the Act itself.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

te:

You sound as coherent as the local drunk.

-- =

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

So did I, which means lead round the edge wouldn't help?

-- =

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he = will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for= a fish

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

No, sensible people without serious worries like cancer don't worry about anything. These people are usually quite happy folk.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Humm ... I'm a bit worried about you worrying Bill;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

Group hug?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I see. But a real TV amuses the cat/dog/parrot more.

So that is where Channel 5 gets it viewing figure from?

Reply to
ARW

Viewing figures are from surveys and aren't actually real. They're extr= apolated. They can't tell what channel you have on. Except for Sky if = you're dumb enough to connect the phone line like it tells you to.

-- =

What is the difference between a battery and a woman? A battery has a positive side.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Just a second. I don't know about your house, but most houses I see you= can actually see the TV screen or a reflection of it. A fake TV doesn'= t make a picture.

-- =

What is the difference between a battery and a woman? A battery has a positive side.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

It isn't a case of being sensible, it's more to do with innate temperament. But yes, there are such people. Not as many as you might think because most worriers hide the fact that they are worried, since worrying is seen as a weakness.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

How?when many tvs are in rooms with no windows or have thick curtains. my tvs face away from the windows with nothing to reflect a picture.

Reply to
F Murtz

On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 03:49:32 -0000, F Murtz wrote:=

-- =

I got invited to a party and was told to dress to kill. Apparently a tur= ban, beard and a backpack wasn't what they had in mind.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Quite, my wife is a worrier, whereas I worry about things a lot less. No point in telling her not to worry, as she just can't.

She is also very much a 'the glass is lying empty on the floor' kind of girl, whilst I'm normally pretty full. I dont' know if these tendencies are related.

Reply to
Chris French

'....and about to be stood on and cause a health and softy incident' ?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

May be for you, but I used to do a bit of handymaning and have seen many houses and units and it is not at all unusual.

Reply to
F Murtz

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 02:36:14 -0000, F Murtz wrote:=

te:

:

A lot of houses might have it in the corner on the window side, but you = can still see it from the front door. And if not at the front door, the= re's almost always a painting on the wall with a glass cover to reflect = it.

-- =

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things a= nd evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things,= that takes religion. -- Steven Weinberg

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265