Fake stone cladding - how to refix to wall?

The front of our 1930's semi has fake stone cladding on it, and two pieces which had been previously rather precariously hanging/leaning off since we've moved in 7 months ago. This morning they decided to make a jump for freedom but met with a slightly unfortunately placed concrete path.

From what I saw as I left the house this morning, the larger one has broken in two.

Now, I'm hoping there is an easy way of replacing this cladding. I'm not sure how they were attached before - but they certainly had pointing between them. Any suggestions as to what I should use to re-attach them? I'd rather not have to worry about re-pointing them at the moment as I need to do some other work sometime to replace the flashing on the upstairs bay where I'll probably need to do some repointing then, so I don't want to do it spread over two jobs. What I'm thinking of is something like a big dab of No More Nails (or something similar) or even waterproof tile adhesive. Hopefully I'll be able to put the broken pieces together and the crack won't be noticeable (I hope!).

Is this the right sort of thing to use?

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Hearn

Car body filler.

No more nails is about as adhesive as damp sellotape IME.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi If two have come away what are the rest like? Personally I would give them all a good tap to see if any more sound loose. as to fixing the car body filler or the stuff from rawplug thats basicly the same but costs more :-)

The reason the may be coming away is its damp behind them and they are getting forced off by a freeze thaw action....

Ian

Reply to
Ian

I'm not worried about the other ones as I know exactly why these ones have come off, and there shouldn't be a problem with the others. :)

Thanks for confirmation about the car body filler.

David Hearn

I reckon you must have tried a crappy variety - there are many of those.

Try EverBuild's solvent free stuff from Screwfix. It's water based, and extremely adhesive. Very nice to use - much better than solvent GripFill IMHO. And it's only 79p per tube!!

Reply to
Grunff