Fake labelled Power Tools

Was digging up the driveway today and one of these fly by night block paving guys turns up to see if I'm interested in having him do the work. They must have eagle eyes as it's a cul-de-sac and this is the second guy in 2 weeks!

Anyway, I politely refused his offer but he had more to sell - a van full of Power tools. Opens up the door and I see a whole range of Chinese made power tools all badged up 'Makita'! The same el-cheapo heavy SDS that I own was in there, which was a dead giveaway. Is there anything left people won't fake?

Reply to
StealthUK

There were a couple of dodgy looking Irish types trying to flog fake Makita gear round the local boot fair as well. I hadn't been to one for a while and was quite surprised by all the fake DVDs, CDs, perfume etc, all on open display.

I shouldn't be surprised really, TS aren't interested in anything that involves them in actual work, and Plod are too busy chasing motorists...

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

A about I year ago I saw two ladies in "Trading Standards" flourescent vests wandering around the boot sale. They seemed more interested in buying goods for themselves than actually inspecting stalls, but I did see them asking a regular trader (selling vacuum cleaners) to fill in some useless form.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

Hello StealthUK

Number plate -> Local Trading Standards Dept.

They don't act unless somebody tells 'em.

Reply to
Simon Avery