Fair Trades, are they?

Has anyone had experience of Fair Trades when in dispute with a member? Are they fair?

I had extensive hard landscaping done, and it is not fully satisfactory. The company keep saying they will come to sort it, but never quite make it. There is more to this tale but it would take too long here.

So is it worth paying Fair Trades their fee to mediate, or should I engage a good lawyer (if such exists. :-) )? TIA John

Reply to
Broadback

Contact your local trading standards office or citizens advice bureau for help on this type of thing. They may not actually mediate between you and the company but they'll be able to advise on what legal actions you need to take to resolve the dispute.

Reply to
BigWallop