Failed MCBs on Volex consumer unit

Bought a pre-assembled split load cons. unit from Screwfix

?id=82204&ts=15099) a couple of months ago.

Fitted it and connected everything apart from the light circuits as I was planning to re-wire all of them at a later stage.

Today I finished re-wiring the light circuits, and found out that 4 of the 5 MCBs (the four left-most in the picture) have all failed. They have not been used since the box was bought, and are clearly faulty - switches either up (on) or down (off) result in no contact.

Nothing major (never had a problem with Screwfix in these situations, and I will be very surprise if they don't replace the faulty ones) - just looks a bit strange....

Any thoughts?

Reply to
NotMe

The bus bar is under the tightening terminals at the bottom as opposed to clamped inside?

Regrda Legin

Reply to
legin

The bus bar is under the tightening terminals at the bottom as opposed to clamped inside?

Regrda Legin

Reply to
legin

This seems to be common on Volex boards. They are a swine to add a new breaker without dropping the bus bar.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth