F Connectors

Came across a funny today - a DAB tuner with the input F socket 'square' at the end rather than tapered. Which means certain makes of plugs simply won't grip tightly - even with the nut tight the body still spins round. Can't do much for the signal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not sure I understand, I thought they were all square

Chewbacca

being square, you can see a slight chamfer on the end of the ones in this photo.

?productId=79447&imageNo=null&ts=94979

Reply to
Bill

shows the plug which screws onto the socket. And it is the socket that was unusual in that the end was near completely square - just like a thread cut through with a hacksaw. Most of the others I've seen have a small taper. And if you look at the design of the plug, the socket end needs to clamp on the plug body - with this arrangement the thread bottomed in the nut part before gripping the body.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

?productId=79447&imageNo=null&ts=94979Yup - that's it. I've got two different type of twist on plugs and one locked ok - the other not. But they're both fine on the tapered one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)