Extractor on wall with no outside access - how?

Hi,

I am looking to fit a 6" extractor fan for an internal kitchen (i.e. no windows) to an external wall.

The problem I have is that the hole will be around 10m from the ground (2nd floor), and although I can probably hire a tall enough ladder to get there and fit a gravity-type shutter, I don't really fancy doing it as the pavement underneath looks pretty unwelcoming...

I was thinking about investing in a fan with automatic internal shutter that should take care of incoming draft (will it?), and then just fit a 6" flue, similar to the one used for combi boilers to line the hole and cavity.

Will this work? Where can I buy a standard flue? Any better suggestion?

TIA.

- -

Please do not reply to this email using "Reply-To" as address is invalid (hate spam!)

Reply to
JoeJoe

Drilled from inside using a proper core cutter, and then flue pipe with cowl and cover through the wall. Fit the fan on the inside, and Robert is your mothers brother.

Reply to
BigWallop

Theres usually a grill on the outside thats bigger than the hole, and fixed to the outside of the wall... I'm not sure I follow what youre suggesting, ie how to finish the job off. I'l need to do something like this later on, so wouldnt mind knowing a way that avoids exterior access.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

But remember to have somebody guarding the pavement outside for when the core falls out the new hole and gravity takes over.

Reply to
Mike

Good point! Thanks.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Thanks to Bigwollop for explaing that one.

Could be interesting on a 30 storey...

NT

Reply to
bigcat