Extractor Fan re circulation

Hi group,

Just a quik question,

Ive installed a Baumatic cooker hood complete with ducting to an outside wll. The hood is the min 75 cm above the cooker. My trouble is that the steam ad fumes dont seem to get caught by the hood. The hood was nearly 300 pounds so im asuming its a fairly good one, the ducting is about 2 meters ( not too long ?). reading the literature it says there is a recirc mode and an extratct mode,are these the same exept the fume are vented in extract mode ?. The reason i have dubts is that when the fan is running some air is pumped out to the ducting , while some air is expelled out of the side of the fan motor. I know that with my shower fan all air it takes in is pushed out. Sorry if im rambling an ideas on this one guys and gals ???

Reply to
Craigy

Is the damper that selects recirc/extract in the correct place, not set midway between the two?

Is the air coming from the motor also air that is drawn in through the filter or simply cooling air for the motor only? Even so it seems a bit silly to dump the warm air into the kitchen when you could vent it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Light a smoke pellet on top of the hob and turn on the fan. You'll soon see how effective the extractor is and if the smoke is being recirculated or pushed outside.

You can buy smoke pellets from a plumbers merchants.

Reply to
Geosolar Heating